Keyless remote

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 f250. My keyless remote works fine except my unlock. I have to be 5-10 feet away for it to work and sometimes push unlock a few times. Lock and remote start will work no problem. Anyone else ever have issues like this.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing at times on my 012. Seems it has to do with the angle I approach from ?

Joe

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealer today. They said cause I'm also having problems with tire sensor fault that keeps going on and off. It shares the same module that the keyless entry uses. They have ordered the part so hopefully get it fixed in the next week or so with Christmas hours in effect.

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So new part in roof liner installed and new right rear tire sensor. Still having issues with sensor fault and key fob working. I can't be the only person having these troubles. Dealer says everything works fine but when I pick it up it does the same shit. Getting annoyed with this.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you brought this up.. I've found that if I press & hold the buttons for a second.. rather than just poke'n it (?) .. the functions seem to work better.:dunno

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but something else to check is the batteries in the remote. I know it being a 2016 they shouldn't be an issue. But you don't know how long they were on the shelf before being used. I've had weird issues in the past with various remotes not wanting to work like they should. A new battery and all was well again.

brad m

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is fixed. I think at my first problem the module in the roof was the problem. I had to take my truck to a different dealer and they fixed everything. They said I was missing the secondary antenna and cable so I'm assuming that the first dealer took it out for something else they needed. The 2nd dealer said he's not sure what they did but some how it's missing.

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
I have gotten a bit lazy with my key fob and the key less entry :rolleyes: but it is annoying when something you paid for and somewhat rely on doesn't work right. If it has the feature I want it to work. Mine has the door key pad as well so the only time I use the key anymore is to lock and unlock the tailgate. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64