Know any good shops in Ky to fix my PSD

GTMotors

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Excursion 7.3L PSD that is having problems, need a good shop near Lexington, Ky. Can anyone reccommend one.
Thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums GT, maybe if you describe your problems we can help you get your problems resolved.

GTMotors

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Excurison 7.3 PSD problems

My Excursion is smoking pretty bad, may be bad injector, turbo, or with my luck, maybe a broke ring or worse. It idles rough, but does smooth out and runs great with a lot less smoke when under a load, but as soon as you come to a stop, it smokes like crazy. Seems to have plenty of power, when it started smoking I was pulling a 24ft enclosed car trailer, and it did fine. Smoke seems to be blue, not white. Talked to the Local Ford Dealer, he was talking crazy talk, 1500,00 for a turbo, injectors replaced, 3000.00, etc.
I just had the Hi Pressure oil Injection pump replaced at a Ford Dealer in NC, cost me 2700.00. I was broke down, and had no choice but to have it towed in there. I would just like to find someone in this area that knows the 7.3, and how to diagnose what the problem is, without just replacing expensive parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64