Question Know How....lacking the sources

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
I would like to ask anyone for a bit of advise and or sources. If you had a 2002 7.3l complete motor sitting in the floor of your garage wth a blown oil cooler, all injectors, turbo and all the trimmings, what would you do with it. I believe it has 100k plus on it. It was given to me and I want to start building it, and I want it reliable but right nasty. My current motor is running like a top but fear with 280k on it i might want to start the motor in the floor. The trans in the truck is the zf 6- speed....4x4 and I do have a matching auto but im not goin to part with my stick!! Thanks in advance for any info.:sweet

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
get going on it.
you've got about 120,000 miles and the clock is ticking.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ONLY 100K on it?

What Mr. JL said. Get it checked out and put back together. You still have a long way to go before that other motor gives out. Sweet to have a free spare sitting around too.

Make it nasty? I wouldnt push past 400hp with those rods. Swap the rods, bigger injectors, oil pump, and tuning. Nasty you shall have. And reliable.

Or I can take it off your hands for a 100 bux? LOL

Last edited:

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Programmer and not to crazy to keep it reliable, chip it with tony wildman I hear, its always good to have a spare, my 7.3 unfortunate gave out at 300k, siting in drive way right now till I can have a free weekend to pull it out and do a full rebuild, I gotta a crate 350 willin to trade lol, had this spare for my rs but the dang thing won't die lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg