Laid off

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had been working for almost exactly one year (1 year and 7 days to be exact) for a company in Los Angeles. For those that dont know, I am an EMT. Earlier this month I was promoted to Field Training officer. I spent much of my time working with a Paramedic or Nurse on a Critical Care unit.

We knew cuts were coming, but staffing cuts were a shock. 40 EMTs let go, among other employees (Paramedics, Nurses, management, etc).

My letting go came as a real shock. I got a text from a supervisor that evening saying he was shocked I made the list. I was not someone people would think of when looking for people to let go, I was a favorite.

I will miss my company, but miss my coworkers more.

Hopefully on to bigger and better things, right?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that. I thought our economy was picking up, here in Calif. Guess not...

Dave :)

cicguy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The economy is not picking up - read between the lines. Take a personal and economic inventory of yourself. Once done, move forward. I am 76 and I lost everything 5 years ago. I continue to move forward one crisis at a time. Take care!

xtrahappy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorta know how you feel. I had to change jobs this year. Company I was with for 18 years said I made to much they could hire 2 guys for what I was making. So with another company at 6 dollars an hour less money, but with less headaches also. I did get a lil laugh, when I heard that the new inexperienced operators cost the company 40,000 in damages on the next job they did.
Keep your head up, keep moving. I have faith in American workers. It seems that we support 1/2 our country, biggest part of the world. And I don`t want the world to fall apart in my lifetime.
( Sorry for the rant, but I feel lil better.)

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an interview Thursday and the supervisor I interviewed with said he was recommending me as a yes to hire.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an interview Thursday and the supervisor I interviewed with said he was recommending me as a yes to hire.

Good luck!!!! I know the feeling. I was laid off in October 2010 after 23 1/2 years with the company and had no advance warning. Found out when my supervisor called me to meet her in the HR office. I found work 10 months later. It's not what I was making and I wish I had something better, but it's a job and hopefully will keep me going until I can retire in 4-5 years.

A/Ox4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got an offer last week. I should start tomorrow.

I'm still hoping to get another offer, and I would take that one over this one, but this one is still good, and most importantly, pays the bills.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr