Landyot's radius rods......where?

DR.billZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me about these? I've read where they help the wander out quite a bit. Where can I find them? How much? Easy install?

Wawuzat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can find them at this link ...
http://www.fordexcursions.com/forums/posts.php?threadid=4523

Basically, they keep the rear axle in a controlled arc 'cause the X suffers from axle wrap due to its relatively weaker leaf springs (weaker than the other SuperDuty models). Mid-$300 if I recall right, and Landyot sends you the installation instructions BEFORE you spend a dime. I like that 'cause I then knew what I was up against before I bought 'em.

erlong

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Regarding drivability issues...the single biggest improvement I experienced after installing the Landyot Radius Rods was how my X handled over bumps, particularly at highway speeds. It was not uncommon to be "white knuckling" the steering wheel while cruising at highway speeds because I knew that every time I'd hit a bump or imperfect, it would send the X jolting in one direction or another. Axle wrap creates a "rear steer" affect where the rear axle comes out of square with the rest of the vehicle and essentially steers it, causing the driver to over-correct with the steering wheel.

On my first road trip with the radius rods, I was surprised at how much more relaxed I felt and how much less fatigued I was (no lie) because I didn't have to white-knuckle the steering wheel the entire trip. I could sit back and have my hand lightly on the steering wheel. The X stays in a straight line now when going over bumps, it's great. I wrote an install article available here.

idk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Cal Trac bars I think they are around the same price. I want to put bars on my X I haven't desided what to buy yet.
Roger

Wawuzat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I looked at their website. They look like a great idea for drag racing, but I doubt I'd want them on my street car. The two steel plates sandwich the leaf springs at their "sides"? That's gonna get noisey. I may be wrong, but their design appears to be functional in one direction ... acceleration.

idk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I dont think they make noise and your rite they are great for stait line or drag racing and they do about the same thing as landyots I'm still up in the air. Alot of the chevys have them out here and I ask 10 diferent guys and I get 10 diferent answers go figure. I do drag race my X alot I just want more stabilaty while driving on the street.
Roger

CHPMustang

Reaction score
After almost a week on the R rods we now put it at the top of the modifications list for best overall results,can't believe we went all these years without em:rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track