Latest Technical Information

LAJones

Strokem if you can
Reaction score
Latest Technical Information
Some F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with the 6.4L diesel may exhibit one or more of the following concerns: lacks power, leaks oil, fuel or coolant from the tail pipe, abnormal tailpipe sediment, white smoke or ash, exhaust smell, knock or rattle, elevated idle, surge, crankcase oil level over-full, MIL On, DTC's P0087, P2291, P0263-P0284, P0300-P0308, P1336, P132B, P2262, P2263, P244C or P244D. If you are experiancing any of these concerns, then take it to your dealer and have them refer to TSB # 07-8-9

Found on fordpowerstrokeforums.com

captken

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First Production Glitch ?
Reads like disaster waiting to happen :
Lack of power, fluid leakage from tailpipe, abnormal tailpipe sediment, white smoke, exhaust smell, check engine light on:
The above conditions may be accompanied by elevated engine idle, surging, engine knocking or the crankcase may be over full. Fluid frome the tailpipe may be coolant, fuel or oil.
If diagnostic codes P0087, P2291, P0263-P0284, P0300-P0308, or P1336 are retrieved, or if there is evidence of an internal fuel leak (fuel in the exhaust, over-full oil), the fuel supply to the injectors and the injectors should be checked for leakage. If the oil is not over-full the turbo bearings should be checked.
If the codes are P132B, P2262 or P2263, or there is evidence oil oil leaks or the oil level is low, turbo actuator operation and turbo bearings should be checked.
If there is evidence of coolant leakage from the exhaust or the coolant level is low, the EGR coolers should be tested.
Additional codes may include P244C or P244D for the DPF. Perform diagnosis on the above codes and engine noises as needed. Care should be taken when running the engine due to the likelyhood of piston hydro-lock/engine damage. TSB #07-8-9

Ford's Better Idea......Gotta Love em !

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this isnt really anything NEW...injectors and seals leak.

ask the 1st mod year duramax owners whos crank cases filled w/ fuel and caused spun bearings....

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was going to say, sounds like the injectors are doing something wrong

Im told sometimes the injectors stick. o-rings get crushed or nicked on
install...it happens...this is really the MAIN reason that I sample my oil
at nearly every oil change...even miniscule amounts of fuel in the oil
can be detected....and if your sampling (and checking your oil) youll
1) see the oil level rise (from the diesel in the oil) and 2) you can
catch it before SERIOUS damage results.

w/ the GMC's theirs was an injection pump related problem...i think
the 1st to model years...eventually they got it resolved but not before
pissing off LOTS of customers <and having to DOUBLE the 100k mile
warranty>