Latest Upgrades

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a little extra money lately and decided to do a couple upgrades to my truck. I installed an Alpine IXA-W407 double din head unit with a Boyo rearview camera. The camera is a license plate frame style and has infrared LEDs on either side of the camera to provide short range illumination. Works great for keeping an eye on the trailer connection at night. I really liked my old Alpine head unit but didn't like the look of a single din unit in the double din opening so when I found a good deal on this new unit I couldn't pass it up.
IMG_0220.jpg

I also added 2 sets of LED backup lights. They're 4" in diameter and put out a ton of light. One set is mounted below the rear bumper and are 24 watts per light (8 3 watt LEDs per light). The other set is mounted by the rear-most mount for the running boards on each side. Those are 18 watt (6 3 watt LEDs per light) and light up obstacles close to the side of the truck while backing. To make room for the lights on the upfitter switches, I installed a set of 3 rocker switches next to the headlight switch. High idle, 2wd low range and air horns that will be added in the future are controlled by the new switches.
IMG_0218.jpg

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backup camera night vision works pretty well. It has very limited range (like 15 feet) but it's better than nothing.

207d273a.jpg

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Looks great. I like that back up system you got. I definately need somethin like that. If you dont mind me askin, how much is the camera stuff for that? Im always hookin up to trailers.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got about $500 in the deck and camera combo. Thinking of adding a camera to my trailer and a switching unit so switch between the camera on the truck and the trailer. There are complete camera/monitor kits that are cheaper but for me the camera was more of a why not thing once I realized the deck I was getting was capable of a backup camera input.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another new toy. Cobra 29 LXLE CB radio. It finally brings the CB into the 21st century.

Close up of the display
0fce1dd1.jpg

CB mounted in the truck
9724bc39.jpg

CB and Alpine stereo. Make a good combination of old technology and new.
3e6ff7da.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58