leave truck, close door, honk honk

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's driving me nuts. How do I disable this stoopid feature???

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go into the "Truck Apps" on the dash.. Or the "My Key" features, can't remember which. My 012 came OEM with the same PIA thing. Owners manual Helps Too ?

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..and you were able to shut off this "feature"? Man, I want to do that!

I already went through the menus on the screen. And the manual. It must be there somewhere! If running it generally it honks at me if I get out and close a door. It's obnoxious.

From the manual: the MyKey system restricts certain features if you use it; the admin key (default) has all the goodies. (Both my keys are admin now). I don't think a MyKey will have the feature to shut this off; anyhow, I cannot figure out how to put a remote in "backup".

Reading through the manual, I can only find that the horn will honk twice if (a) you press the remote a 2nd time within 3 seconds, or (b) there is a "mislock" (any door or the hood open in the vehicle with anti-theft alarm or remote start). I can't find any other info in the manual.

I guess it's time for a youngster at the dealer to set me straight.

Tracy Mangus

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dont fully latch the door and it wont honk if just getting out for a moment or leave the key in the console...

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stever-I cannot find any settings on my dash or in the menus in the manual, that do that...if you know how, enlighten me please.

Tracy-Yeah, leaving the key on the center console is one idea, but I want to shut it off completely. Leaving the door open is my current solution, but that's not so nice when it's -10 or raining, and the brief effort to push it "almost" shut is just annoying to me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58