LED Headlight Bulbs

Steve Edwards

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 F250 Super Duty, and hate the yellowish lights. Is it possible to swap out the headlight bulbs for the BRIGHT ones, without having to add something other than the bulb? I see tons of them listed on Ebay if I search F-250 truck.
If so, is there any videos on changing them, and will it do any negative affects to the electrical system.
Thanks.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put HID lights directly into my '02 lenses. Loved 'em. New truck came with LED so I'm loving it. I don't know about any videos, but the HID was easy plug/play. Just needed room for the electrical voltage converter box that came with the kit. Lots of those kits out there still.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I was. Sold it last January after 15 years and 230k miles...digging the LEDs on the '17 rig.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell the difference with LEDS and HIDS. Led ain't bad, even if out of adjustment a little.
Now hids, make me want to smash headlisghts. Lol
If hids are in a proper projector housing, they aren't bad either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LEDs headlights are great, but beware betting into the brighter is better trap. I purchased some years ago that put out 1200/2000 lumens. Compared to the incandescents 1000/1650 lumens. The light was whiter and the road was clearer. Now that I'm replacing them, I keep seeing lights advertised at 1500+ lumens on low. This is dangerous because headlights on bright average about 1600 lumens. So basically you're blinding oncoming drivers.

Stay away from HID. As a few people have pointed out they have to be professionally installed and most of the HID housing the sell online are crap! There are a few studies that point out the light scatter.

Hope that helps.

wheelhopper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I swapped some LED bulbs into my 2008. I love how they are whiter and a little brighter. makes the truck look newer.

VA7BDC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Be careful how you install LEDs in reflector housings. The leds need to be in the 3 and 9 oclock positions or they cause glare and dont light very well.

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People should remember that trucks sit higher so your lights will appear brighter to oncoming traffic. I used to take guys in out club out on foggy days to show them their light pattern. I'd take them up on top of the overpass and they would drive their vehicles under it and turn the lights on when there was little or no traffic. Some of the guys were really surprised at the lack of pattern and light scatter. Some of the people using the "blue" and so-called HID lights were really surprised at how crappy those lights were.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64