Leveling kits

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
It seems lately there is not a truck in my town without a leveling kit on it... And some witht he front higher than the rear... (Bull Doggin)... I really don't understand this, cause when you put a trailer, or anything in the cargo area, it just makes it a lot worse.

I cannot imagine how bad it would handle on long trips that way.... Is this the same in your area?

y2kpsd

Member #11
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
It seems lately there is not a truck in my town without a leveling kit on it... And some witht he front higher than the rear... (Bull Doggin)... I really don't understand this, cause when you put a trailer, or anything in the cargo area, it just makes it a lot worse.

I cannot imagine how bad it would handle on long trips that way.... Is this the same in your area?

I agree, while the truck does look nicer "level" it really serves no other purpose that I know of. Personally, I don't like the look of the "front higher then the rear". I leveled my truck and now when I hook up my 5er, the back end is way too low. So low in fact, that I would need to add air bags or something before I would attempt to pull it any "long" distance. Of course if I was a full-timer, I would not have a lifted or leveled truck to begin with.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
A guy at work borrowed my rototiller. He has an 03 CC 4x4 7.3l with 4" lift and 35's. When be backed up to each other to transfer the tiller, my tailgate(stock suspension) was higher than his. We were in a level parking lot. I guess the lift brought the front up quite a bit. He as a slide in camper as well and always complaining that he needs bags or something to help out the rear, now I guess I know why. Up until know the only reason I haven't lifted my truck was to keep the tailgate height down for loading cargo. Most of the SDs I see around here are at least leveled if not lifted. Most of them don't know about this or other sites either, but they think that their truck is bass ad because it's lifted until they line up next to one where the money was spent in the HP dept.

Scott

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
The lift on my truck brought the front up 3 inches and the rear up 2. I fixed that before it hit the road. I brought the back up 3 so the rake was stock. But everyone I talk to tells me, I should level it... I use the thing for towing... Why buy a 250 and not use it? Sometimes I dont get it...

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most people don't acutally use their trucks for what they were made for they are only used for huge cars with an occasional trip to home depot or landscaping store if you're lucky. The next time you're drug to walmart take a look in the bed of most of these trucks as you walk by, most w/o bedliners don't even have scratches in the paint in the bed w/ trucks that are a few years old.

Mine will be lifted eventually but only to allow for the reverse shackle kit otherwise i'd keep it at the height it is right now.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
The lift on my truck brought the front up 3 inches and the rear up 2. I fixed that before it hit the road. I brought the back up 3 so the rake was stock. But everyone I talk to tells me, I should level it... I use the thing for towing... Why buy a 250 and not use it? Sometimes I dont get it...

i couldn't agree more... my truck has a some hangers on the front (on it when i bought the truck) and sits dead level... i'm going to get some 4 inch F350 rear blocks.. when i hook a trailer to her, she sets tail down... drives me nuts

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
BJS said:
most people don't acutally use their trucks for what they were made for they are only used for huge cars with an occasional trip to home depot or landscaping store if you're lucky. The next time you're drug to walmart take a look in the bed of most of these trucks as you walk by, most w/o bedliners don't even have scratches in the paint in the bed w/ trucks that are a few years old.

Mine will be lifted eventually but only to allow for the reverse shackle kit otherwise i'd keep it at the height it is right now.

you got that right! I spotted a chebby with at least a 10 inch IFS lift and asked the dude, "hey, do you wheel that thing", he laughed and said no...then asked me..I said, "look at the scratches on this, of course I wheel it, it's a truck"....

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I leveled my truck with X springs. Yes, it's a little high in the rear still, but when I put my trailers on, its dead level. I also hate the front higher look. JMO.

Barrett

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58