Lifetime brake pads?

SD70M

SuperDuty
Reaction score
This is something I should probably know better after 30+ years of changing front brake pads, but I'm going to ask out of curiosity.

When I bought our 2011 F250, I was told that the front pads were lifetime. Since I've never heard of it before, I figured I would ask. Is it true, or was someone blowing smoke where the sun don't shine?

Thanks,
Gary

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set from Autozone for another vehicle and they told me as long as I don't wear them down to metal they'll swap them out for new pads.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone does that with the duralast gold series.

Sent from my *******-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
All brake pads, and shoes, will wear over time. This is a warranty thing. Just like tires will wear no matter what they tell you.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm think'n the [Pads] might be Warranty'd for life.... as long as you get them replaced (labor) at your "Authorized Ford Service Center".

There's No Free Lunch ?

:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

OldGasser

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
"Lifetime" generally means they will replace the pads at no charge as long as they have not been damaged by metal to metal contact. The "Lifetime" warranty does not cover installation however, only replacement pads. Nothing is forever.......

Old Gasser

SuperdutyDan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately nothing lasts forever. When I bought my truck, I had to replace the pads after previous owner. Searching for them took forever. Anyway, I went with a PowerStop set after I've read all the reviews on them. Hopefully, won't need to replace them for a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr