lift gain after Excursion spring swap

the ponz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what I have read, most people who install V code springs, gain around 1.5” of lift in the front.
My questions is, what is the amount of lift people have experienced in the rear after installing:

unmodified B code springs?
B code + one leaf?
B code + two leaves?
unmodified F code?
F code + one leaf?

For those who reply, please indicated what size block was used along with the spring installation.
If RAS was also part of the set up, please note that as well.

My desire is to install the V code springs on the front of my 2001 7.3l diesel Excursion,
and do what is required to end up with the rear sitting 1.5”, or so , above the front.

Thank you.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have V code springs in the front of my F-350 and I left the rears alone. The rear of my truck is about 3" higher than the front and I am currently running 4" blocks in the rear. If you remove the 4" blocks and replace them with 2" blocks (F-250) you should get what you want. I don't know anything about B or F code springs.

Dave

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
The $1,000,000 question...thought I'd post to bring this back to the top as I am looking for the same answers right now. Looks like the V-code springs added to the front of the Excursions add about 1.5". Is that the only spring code available for the front? Isn't there also an X or Y code for the front? If so, what do they add?

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The $1,000,000 question...thought I'd post to bring this back to the top as I am looking for the same answers right now. Looks like the V-code springs added to the front of the Excursions add about 1.5". Is that the only spring code available for the front? Isn't there also an X or Y code for the front? If so, what do they add?

I installed U and A simply because they were given to me free. With the 4 inch block, I did gain some rear height on top of what the spring gave me

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I gained 1.5" and change with the V's but they settled in after 7 years to where I upgraded to W's which brought the front end back up above where the V's were when new but the W's have additional capacity which in my estimates will not rest in.

There are X codes available and will install but they are a firm riding spring pack designed primarily for heavy plow rigs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track