lokkin to buy a camper.help???

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i found this one and emailed the guy cuz its in my price range and im living in the back seat of my dually.i emailed the guy and he said it has a hole in the roof and needs some repair.repairs cant be too bad for me since i do basically everything anyways.anything i should pay special attention too?good offer to show up with.gonna call the guy and see if i can look at it tomorrow sometime

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just take your time looking at it, check the floor and roof for soft spots, the walls for swelling and other water damage. Heck if its in ok shape go for it fix it up a little, and down the road you should be able to make some money on it. Usually a little elbow grease can go a long way on an old camper

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that price? Since you can do it all yourself, looks worth a shot. ( and better then sleeping in the truck ) even tho my backseat sleeps wonderful! don't ask me how I know. HAHA.

Fix whats wrong on the cheap cheap, $100 driveway paint job ( if it really needs it). I see no reason why it wouldn't work for now and like was said, probably sell it for more then you have in it when you're done.

I'd definitely go for the wheel bearings first. As long as it'll roll SAFELY down the road? You already said you can handle everything else. Hope you found a deal. Keep us posted!

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
one problem i have is my 5th wheel is LOW.its less than 12 inches high.i can put a quad in my bed and not tough the 5th wheel.what do i do if im to low?do they have adjustments on the trailer like the car trailers do to lower or raise the the kingpin?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
For that price? Since you can do it all yourself, looks worth a shot. ( and better then sleeping in the truck ) even tho my backseat sleeps wonderful! don't ask me how I know. HAHA.

the back seat is comfy but too small back here.plus i have to run the truck every so often for heat.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the axles flipped on my 5TH wheel so I had the clearance on the back of the bed. It gave me about 4 to 6" in hight.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything i should pay special attention too?good offer to show up with.gonna call the guy and see if i can look at it tomorrow sometime

If he is open to a OBO ? I'd check on that "Hole In The Roof" issue.. then the 12v & 120v system, the refridgerator, water heater and pump, LP gas system and Holding tanks.

Anything is probably better than yer back seat but.. repairs on RVs can (even used stuff) be pricey... you could end up with More Room.. but limited creatue needs.. for awhile.

Depending on the above..... Wave $600.00 at him an go from there ??

Joe

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok just got back from lookin at it.it has a fiberglass roof that needs 2 small patches.the guy did try to keep the holes covered.it does need a cieling but that only cheap luan.and it needs a new carpet and a good cleaning.wheel bearings were repacked last year.the guy has owned it since new and used it 3 times.needs tires as they are original,not flat but original.has title.and he will take 700.00 for it.so im gonna buy it.

all the plumbing is stainless and maintained.has gas heat and stove.fridge runs off gas or 110V.has a power inverter in it so i can run it right off the truck.the outside needs a good cleaning as well.but it is in good shape for an 87

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now your going to have to find a home for it and you..... Something your going to need to look in to is gray and black water holding tank heaters. OR you will have so frozen crap to deal with.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
already got a place to park it.same place im sleeping in my truck.not to worried about waste water as i have a couple friends that let me come over and use thier showers and stuff.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58