Looking at diesels

Roadster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New to the forum , long story short I needed a truck to haul a couple horses around and ended up with an 05 KR 150 crew cab with a 5.4, needless to say I settled on this truck but would have rather a 250 SD CC 4x4 diesel but time was short and I needed a truck. Eventually I can see us going from a bumper pull to a gooseneck trailer and a 150 probably won’t handle it anyway. Actually in the ended this works out better because I will have more time to research the various drivetrains.

I do prefer the look of the 99-07 SD and the 7.3 preferably however I do get the impression the 6.0 gets a bit of a bad rap due to misinformation. I would rather not deal with the extra cost and hassle of DEF equipment and initial overall cost of a newer truck, so once again looking at the older models. I’m looking forward to hearing opinions etc and input to help me make an informed choice.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Roadster, and welcome to SDD.com. You will find out that the ones on this forum drive everything from 7.3's to 6.7's My 06, 6.0 is my first diesel and it's been a great truck. If you buying used you need to take your time and look at a bunch of trucks and have it checked out
before you buy. Don't know what part of Canada your in but good luck on finding what your looking for.
Doug

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
On the 6.0 if you can get away with the EGR delete then you're good. Otherwise have one of the better EGR coolers installed. Avoid tuners. I don't think the 6.0 needs one. 4" exhaust and monitor the engine and drive it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58