Question Looking for mpg info

ShadowMyst

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm a new user and I am looking at getting a '05 king ranch short bed.. and I was wondering what an average loaded and unloaded mpg would be? Thanks for the time.
--=Chris

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD!!!!

I get around 15 or 16 mpg daily driving. And Around 21 on the highway, being careful. Your right foot has more to do with mileage than on a gasser. Diesels make power with fuel, so the more you get on it, the less you will get in mpg's.

Dave :)

Dave

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no better than 17 hwy pulling my boat, 20-22+ Any other time 13 if only in town. My advice...buy it. you wont find a better engine than the 6.0.

mx730md

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i dont believe ya dave. there is no way you get 21 on the highway in a stock truck in less you drive like 45mph. i get almost always 15.7mpg hand calculated at the pump. im happy thats good for a 4ton truck with a front end like a brick. i used to have a little turbo eclipse that only got 20mpg and that car only fit 2 people.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is true. I have nothing added to my truck. It is 100% stock. 65mph over flat land. I was surprised too.

Dave

mx730md

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
was it 100% highway driving? i guess i have the crew cab but it shouldn't make that much of a change. i guess you said "i was surprised too" so i take it you usually dont get that high of a mpg?

albran

Very Junior Member
Reaction score
i dont believe ya dave. there is no way you get 21 on the highway in a stock truck in less you drive like 45mph. i get almost always 15.7mpg hand calculated at the pump. im happy thats good for a 4ton truck with a front end like a brick. i used to have a little turbo eclipse that only got 20mpg and that car only fit 2 people.

I've hit 21 highway (per the computer) a couple of times.
Hand caculated they were in the mid to high 20.?

F250 4X2 auto 3.73 synthetic and a HARD tonneau running 65 to 75.
I've made the same trip several times with and with the tonneau, never hit a 21 without the cover.

Towing our 5th wheel we get 9, 10, 11 and almost 12 a couple of times depending on speed, wind, hills and mountains.

ab

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim