Lots of smoke and loss of gas mileage

Making Strides

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just started rolling a lot of black smoke at take off and when the throttle is touched when driving. Gas mileage has dropped off noticeably.

Where do I need to begin trouble shooting?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
PLEASE do not use the term GAS when you mean either diesel or fuel. It can cause many unpleasant communications problems.

Dave :)

Making Strides

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My bad about the gas comment. I have a sct live wire programmer. Do you think I should put the factory tube back on. Also I just had the the injectors cleaned, vacuumed, at the dealership. After that is when the problem started.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Start from scratch. Disable the SCT and see how it reacts. When you had it at the dealer for the injectors, did it run good afterwards?? No problem about the gas comment.

Dave :)

Making Strides

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It would barely smoke at takeoff and it would roll the smoke heavy if I stood on the pedal before the trip to the dealership. I had the cleaning done as a part of maintenance per service manager. After that is when it started to change and has gradually gotten worse

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have something wrong get the tuner off and get it back to the dealer.

Making Strides

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling that the dealer is not going to claim fault and probably blame it on me since it has aftermarket mods done. I will give you an update as soon as I'm done.

Thanks for everyones help.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
/rant: You knew this when you installed the aftermarket parts. You should have waited until the warranty ran out before you installed the tuner. /rant off: It is your truck. What are you going to do??

Dave

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58