Question LSD or ULSD

ahsn36gp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a station near me that has a LSD pump. Can I run this in my '06 or should I stick to the ULSD.

Thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, there is no straight # 2, or LSD available to the public anymore.. I'd ask the Station owner if the pump is labeled correctly. But.. LSD wouldl burn just fine in your 6.0.

Joe

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
idk how it is around you guys but up here you can buy red diesel or the old #2 but it must be in farm equipment or farm operated vehicles... they do have check stations every now and then that they will pull diesel's over and check.. if you get caught its 10K and your drivers license...

ahsn36gp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They also have ULSD pumps and the LSD pump says not for use in 2007 or newer vehicles. It also is not "red" diesel either. Looks bright green to me.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
There are a couple of stations close to me that still sell LSD.

My 2004 (when I had it) loved the 500ppm a lot better.

I believe 2007 and after required by law to only use ULSD.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, there is no straight # 2, or LSD available to the public anymore.. I'd ask the Station owner if the pump is labeled correctly. But.. LSD wouldl burn just fine in your 6.0.

Joe

Misleading (bad) choice of words on my part :sorry.. I should have mentioned the 'ol #2 & LSD for Off-road and Ag use.

Out here, you just don't see it at yer local neighborhood stations. The Fine(s) for use'n it makes me not even wana see it.

I'll stick with add'n the 2 cycle oil..;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64