Mag-Hytech deep tranny pan

64diesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anybody using one of the Mag-Hytech deep tranny pans? If so, did you notice your trans temps go down any? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the money.

MR.KITTEN

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put one on mine with amsoil synthetic atf and the temp did drop. I had a ford dealership change it out so that they couldn't blame the deep pan if something went wrong against the warranty. The ford mechanic put 4 extra qts when he refilled it. It was leaking out the dipstick fill tube o-ring @ the bottom of the fill pipe. make sure that when they fill the x-mission they follow directions. After I drained out 4 qts out the trans didn't leak any more. I highly reccomend this pan!!!!!!!!!

MR.KITTEN

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mag-Hytec deep tranny pan

I put one on mine with amsoil synthetic atf and the temp did drop. I had a ford dealership change it out so that they couldn't blame the deep pan if something went wrong against the warranty. The ford mechanic put 4 extra qts when he refilled it. It was leaking out the dipstick fill tube o-ring @ the bottom of the fill pipe. make sure that when they fill the x-mission they follow directions. After I drained out 4 qts out the trans didn't leak any more. I highly reccomend this pan!!!!!!!!!

HighwayPrisoner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The MagHytec looks good, but is a waste of money for function. The tranny warms up slower, holds more ATF. Overheating should not be a problem. If, the tranny fluid gets hot, it takes longer to cool the additional fluid. MagHytec makes quality parts. The Diff cover would be money better spent.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one of their pans on my '86 Chevy 700r4 and the temp drop was very noticeable. Went from the standard tin pan to the Mag Hytec (4qt extra capacity I believe). Tranny temp dropped roughly 20 degrees under all operating conditions. I've actually been thinking of getting one for my Ford, but want to get a real temp gauge first so that I can tell the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58