making progress

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i'm making progress, all the new tool boxes finally came in . I had to cut out the lower face and the support rod for the door closer of the front and rear compartments to get the tool boxes in thay just fit the door closer support just touches the top of the boxes. I cut 2 more holes for lights and bought new fuel fill holders. I have deceided to paint and clear the body than paint the chassie than mount ....I cant take my truck apart until i know it's not going to snow....check out the pix utility body pictures from trucks photos on webshots

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like you are making good progress on that Knaphide body......... :sweet:sweet:sweet

Those locking paddle latches are only fair door security. I have seen some units with a bar run from rear to front down the inside of the body which engage with tabs welded to the inside of the doors. A lock is placed on the exposed bar at the rear.

Tbar

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good. Bet you are ready to have a finished project. Keep up the good work.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bar that locks in the rear is called the central locking system this body did'nt come with it I wish it did . I dont leave the truck any ware outt of my site my hole life is in thoes boxes.....But lets face it if the theif wants it they will usually get it (ITS ALLARMED) dont tell any one;tu

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

Got all the tool boxes installed all the panels i had to cutout repaired Thursday i primed and Friday i painted the utility body with 4 coats of urethane flame red paint and 3 coats of clear ....the paint came out excellent I hope the body comes out as nice.... I also painted my visor with silver metalic basecoat and cleared it also......I replaced my windshield (rock chip and leaking)and both door windows(scrached from sand) also replaced all the window rubbers on both doors. and painted my ladder racks.....now i can start to take my old body off and prep and paint the cab,,,,:sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Earnie, looks like you work hard to do good work. Very good looking utility body pictures. Do you still have the 27 Mack? It looks like a little honey.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes we still have the MACK and 10 other Macks 1 47 Autocar, 2 loaders 4 bobcats, 1 580 case and a hole bunch of other iron that's what keeps me bussy beeing a meckanic/heavy equptment opperator there is always somthing to do.....hoppfully today i'll get mt tools out of my utility and pull the body off so i can start working on the chassie...I f you guys got any susjestions or ideas let them fly I'm still undeceided ubout striping and the spray-in bedliner i plan on dootng myself....more pix to come ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58