Question MAP dual boost relief valve??

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at buying the dual boost relief valve for my truck from pure diesel performance. My question....will this throw off my gauge readings and where does this actually install at. I dont have the gauges yet, but I just ordered them today. Hopefully I will have them installed this weekend. Any other advice about it would help too.

Oh, and does it help any with turbo surge? I know wicked whell helps and I've heard the ATS housing is the best investment to eliminate surge completely.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at buying the dual boost relief valve for my truck from pure diesel performance. My question....will this throw off my gauge readings and where does this actually install at. I dont have the gauges yet, but I just ordered them today. Hopefully I will have them installed this weekend. Any other advice about it would help too.

Oh, and does it help any with turbo surge? I know wicked whell helps and I've heard the ATS housing is the best investment to eliminate surge completely.

Never heard of a [duel] BPRV..

Yer call but you might wana wait 'til after you install yer Boost gauge T.. so you can locate the gauge T first, then the BPRV

They both install in the tube/line that runs from the Y pipe to the MAP sensor. Yer gauge install instructions will Brighten the picture.

A BPRV won't do anything much for the Surge. A Wicked wheel will eliminate [almost all] of it. A ported ATS housing supposedly.. eliminates it all.. but fer the Bucks (?).. it ain't worth it.. JMO.

Joe

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got to thinking....I have a 96 powerstroke with 575,000 miles with original turbo. Not one have I heard that thing surge, and I have pulled some HEAVY loads with it all over the country.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got to thinking....I have a 96 powerstroke with 575,000 miles with original turbo. Not one have I heard that thing surge, and I have pulled some HEAVY loads with it all over the country.

Yer 96 proly has what is refered to as a Wicked Wheel.... AKA the turbo compressor wheel used in Pre-99.5 7.3's

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yer 96 proly has what is refered to as a Wicked Wheel.... AKA the turbo compressor wheel used in Pre-99.5 7.3's

....thats why I said that. Some ppl say that the wicked wheel does not comletely eliminate the surge. If that is so then why has my 96 never surged. I'm sure it has something to do with better air flow or intercooler on the newer model 7.3's

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg