Question Max tire size for stock 2000 F350 4x4

csarver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 2000 F350, crew cab, long bed 4x4 and need to throw tires on it. What is the maximum size I can fit on without causing any issues with rubbing or having to cut anything?

I found a set of used Pro Comp 315/75R16 on stock rims but dont know if they will fit properly. The truck has no lift.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have a stock 2000 F350, crew cab, long bed 4x4 and need to throw tires on it. What is the maximum size I can fit on without causing any issues with rubbing or having to cut anything?

I found a set of used Pro Comp 315/75R16 on stock rims but dont know if they will fit properly. The truck has no lift.

the 315's are gonna hit when you turn..
285/75r16 is generally the biggest you can cram in there without replacing wheel or doing suspension work

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 315's are gonna hit when you turn..
285/75r16 is generally the biggest you can cram in there without replacing wheel or doing suspension work

x2....I got a 3" body lift (like it affects anything..but) with my 315 they do scrub when I max out the steering. Narrower tires probably would fix that issue but they just dont look right.

csarver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What if I leveled the front? Would I be able to go up any tire sizes. I have 285/75s on it now. I dont mind a little rubbing at full wheel lock, but I dont want to tear anything up, especially brand new tires.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if I leveled the front? Would I be able to go up any tire sizes. I have 285/75s on it now. I dont mind a little rubbing at full wheel lock, but I dont want to tear anything up, especially brand new tires.

Dont think leveling it out will affect anything. I've had my tires on for about 18 months now and some of the tread if scrubed off on the side...I don't think its hurting too much. I'm just careful how hard I turn

csarver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went with the 285/75R16 Goodyear Silent Armours (E load rating). I found them for $210/ tire and figured I wasnt going to beat that.

Thanks for the help fellas.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
If you level the front, the 315's would fit real well. I just had a little rub on the springs at full lock, until i got the new wheels. If you're looking for the max tire size you can get onto the stock truck, the 285's will end up being to small shortly after putting them on. I would level the front, and go 315's on ten inch wheels, and stop messing with it! It's the perfect combination of not stock..... n not crazy.......... jmo

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58