Mechanical oil pressure ?

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
Not a fan of putting 70psi in the cab of my truck, but is there an isolater that can be purchased so that the gauge reads correctly, but the oil doesnt need to reach it?

There isn't a setup that I know of, but its been several years since I have looked at this option.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of putting 70psi in the cab of my truck, but is there an isolater that can be purchased so that the gauge reads correctly, but the oil doesnt need to reach it?

There isn't a setup that I know of, but its been several years since I have looked at this option.

Yep.. you can use an Isolator. oil/fuel, whatever.. to the isolator (under the hood), then a glycol filled line to the gauge.

They're kinda pricey, but it sure beats oil/fuel, whatever.. in the cab.. huh ?

One source ? Diesel Performance Parts Power Chips Duramax Exhaust Kits Suspension Air Intakes

Joe

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
There are mechanical gauges sitting in a cabinet where they have been for several years now still in the autometer box, so just seeing what the current options are.

I have heard the isolators tend to fail with diesel fuel, but have not seen any actual data only word of mouth.

All for electrical gauges, but it seems the current economy crunch has not hit any vendors or autometer or isspro so that they are on sale.:dunno;)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would go electrical. If the isolator fails, than nothing will get into the cab. The gauge will not show anything, thus showing a failure. No help on what is in stoke, though.

Dave

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
I would go electrical too if cash flow wasnt a concern. I know injectors are expensive and all, but you have to $ in your wallet to buy things and at this point that is very limited. $250 for one gauge is crazy. Its only that high because people pay it IMO.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I have had a mechanical gauge in my truck for 9 or 10 years. Knock on wood.......no problems yet.

Tbar

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
In IL the truck has to get inspected yearly, they catch the mechanical gauges pretty quick, so I found out. Will be putting mine up for sale. Ultra Lite Autometers still in the box.

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
Getting ready to move this weekend and found my autometer 4321 Ultra Lite mechanical oil pressure gauge 100psi still in the box and still sealed if anyone is interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14