MEDIC!!! 2000 electronic problem

NVJAY775

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 f250 4x4 auto, Wildman 4 position chip, and a few other things. I was under the dash looking for the wires I need to hook my trailer controller into and accidentally unplugged the harness plug from the chip control knob to the chip. Which plugs into the computer. The truck was idling at the time. When I disconnected the harness the engine died immediately. I tried to reconnect and restart but nuthin. I disconnected the batteries for a while, reconnected and still nuthin. It cranks fine, but will not fire. I also tried unplugging the chip from the computer and it still won't fire. Also checked the fuses under the hood and also inside the fuse panel in the cab and everything is good. I hope nothing happened to the computer...

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks in advance Jay

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is the PCM if fried.......... :(

Tbar

NVJAY775

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
And another thing, or three... The fuel pump isn't coming on, wait to start light doesn't light, and the check engine light isn't coming on, when the ignition is in the run position.

It just doesn't make sense to me how the switch harness to chip can disconnect and kill something. Makes me want to hard wire it next time, if this can be an issue. This may also be a HUGE heads up to anyone that has these style of chips. Or to the manufacturer to make a revision, so the harness will have a locking release clip for the connection from the harness to chip connection point.

NVJAY775

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have definitely checked every fuse and unfortunately they r all good. So I have been calling all around trying to locate a used replacement. There's a wrecking yard in Reno that has 2, but neither one will go in mine. The cool thing is they only want $100 each. Wish they had a match.

Here's the part # I need XC3F-12A650-BF

Thanks for all the help guys! My PCM quest continues...