Member help network ideas?

deeretrac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not a help network also?(kinda like over there).with names and numbers to contact for help.

Rob

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
deeretrac said:
why not a help network also?(kinda like over there).with names and numbers to contact for help.

Rob
We can do that, I would like some discussion from the members on how they want it to be administered. Do you guys want your names/tel. number and locations posted on the forums for anybody to see? Do you want a private forum (set up with a password) so that in order to see the info you will have to have already given out your info sort of a deal or ??? I am open for suggestions on making it work however you all want it to.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
wow this is a sticky subject. i would post my number, HOWEVER we all know MR. Williams Gate from the other place.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Well guys, feel free to add your info here but I was more interested in looking for idears on how you all wanted to handle this? Once we decide upon that then we can start and stick a thread to the top of the 911 forum with all of our info in there.

deeretrac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just post name,number,and area you can be called in.

thats my idea.maybe others will have a better one.

Rob

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
wow this is a sticky subject. i would post my number, HOWEVER we all know MR. Williams Gate from the other place.

I'm not aware of those circumstances, but all my info is googleable anyhow and I've never had any problems.

Sam Mills
Rural Bloomington, IN area (48 miles south of Indianapolis)
(812)825-2231 Home/Days
(812)824-4900 x133 Work/Nights
(812)369-8155 Cell

Several of the sites I'm on have public-accessible emergency contact info threads; just as you proposed, Mike. They all started this way and the admins/mods compiled the info and moved it the thread of their choice.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Heres a scenario from a situation that arose from a help board such as we are suggesting, how do we protect ourselves from getting burned in a situation like this?

A few years ago a guy called me that was in town on a job. I believe he was from Idaho or somewhere around there. When he came to town he was broke and broke down. He had a 95 F250 PSD and the battery's were shot(would not even turn over after charging all day). He claimed that his wallet had got lost on the trip up so he had no cash. I helped him out with a set of battery's and a bite to eat with a good faith gesture that he would pay me back when he got on his feet. He did call once a couple of days later asking if I wanted to stop by the bar and he would buy me a drink(hmmm thought he was broke?). After that I never heard from him again. It was a nice little $150 lesson that people cannot be trusted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64