Mice Getting in Excursion! How to prevent?

BRussell

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Board,

I don't drive the Ex very much as I work in L.A., CA but the Ex is at my home in New Mexico. Since the weather has turned very cold I've noticed that the mice have gotten into the interior of the car.

I assume it is by way of the Engine compartment then through the vent.

Any ideas on how to eradicate this pest and prevent it from happening in the future?

BRussell

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
You need to get on top of this problem asap!!!

They are VERY distructive and love to chew on the wires under your dash and engine compartment.

Don't ask me how I know.

Get some mouse and rat bait. If you have pets around the property that might get into the poisen put them inside the vehicle and up in the engine compartment where they can't reach it. If not, throw it under the vehicle.

Take care of the problem NOW before you are having to spend countless hours and money chasing down electrical problems.

Tbar

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Tbar said...except I'd be doing it sooner than A.S.A.P..

Let's just say it wasn't easy explaining the situation to our insurance company.

Last edited:

hugeredford

this ain't no powerstroke
Reaction score
best thing to do is poisen I have a horrible time keeping them out of farm equipment and if you start and drive every couple of days that helps alot.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put D-con in side the air intake, just make sure you don't start the eng before taking it out. You may want to tape around the doors because I have been told a mouse can flatten out to the thickness of a dime.

Vindicator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also heard of the dryer sheets, its much better than moth balls!!!Stick your vents with "Bounce" or the like...Also shove some under the dash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14