Update Might be joining Kent on "permanent vacation"

should I look for work, go to school, or what?

• become the alignment tech at the "big rig" location

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • go back to school and get HVAC certified

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • take the summer off, go fishing

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • panic, run around screaming, wet myself

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
being as having been in your situation I went the hvac route all most 20 years ago still work air planes full time but do the hvac on the side can make good money at it but I can tell you that hotels and office bldgs are not were you can do that. installs (retro and new) are not either at least for the tech unless your union and a journey man. I talked to a gut in fla a few years ago was working for a service co and with 16 years exp was making 16.50 an hour I was making 21.00 here in stlouis at the time just some comps. Good service techs are had to find so all i can say is learn your theory and how to read wire diagrams plus a good helping of ESP helps cause you have to read the mind of the guy (person) the last did work on it! cant tell you how many times i have asked myself wtf were they thinking? oh and if the wallet can afford go with c if not witch ever will get you making money the fastest

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
From your posts I can only assume your a top notch mechanic. If "B" isn't an option maybe do some of your own work? I have my straight trucks serviced by a guy who is a full-time mechanic and also works at home. Or have you gone that route and it didn't work out?

when I first got out of trade school, I had my own shop.
I don't think I'll be doing that again.
especially now that there is a sackful of regulations (EPA, Federal wage/hr, etc) that didn't exist back then..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14