Mileage Question

Svttim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recently traded my 11 F350 SC DRD with 3.73 gears for a 15 F250 Crew Cab SRD with 3.55 gears. Both trucks pulled strong. I normally got 11 to 11.5 pulling a my 24 ft Car trailer loaded. Today I pulled an RV for a friend. Im sure his trailer is 1000-2000lbs heavier and we had some wind today but, I wasnt expecting 7.6 but I realize the factors was likely the explanation. On the way home, (round trip) unloaded I got 20.1. These were by the computer. After filling round trip was right at twelve. Speed while towing was 70 mph (speed limit) and on the way home was at 74 mph. I have replaced the fuel filters and added a disaster prevention kit as well. Air filters are new. I have run several tanks with centane booster. In about 400 miles I have driven the truck I have not seen the exhaust filter activate.
Does these trucks have a preferred RPM range? I know usually going slower is better. Is it normal to not see the exhaust clean come up in this amount of time? My 11 was cleaning much more frequently than this. Thanks in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tylers11398677