Miles to Empty

Johnswiftm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just helped a friend install a Transfer Flow 50 gal tank on his 2011 SD. Does anyone know how to get the miles to empty recal'd?

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
drive it till close to empty.. next time u refill should recal itself based on last number of miles exceeded?

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not possible IMHO and it won't fix itself .. the best I have figured is trying to get the long bed programming// the good news is it will read whaky but the last miles to empty will be close and won't let u run out of fuel ( very bad for a 6.0)

odalith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just helped a friend install a Transfer Flow 50 gal tank on his 2011 SD. Does anyone know how to get the miles to empty recal'd?

I discussed this with Transfer Flow, they told me the larger tank is incomparable with the miles to empty function.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL..... There not a fix. I have a long bed and the tank will hold a full 42 gal to the neck and that gets way off alot. SO until ford has a update that can adjust for the extra fuel your going to get a cell light or some thing like that. The only thing you can do is run the truck tank down to almost empty then transfer fuel till your full then shut off the other tank. The down side is the truck needs to be off untill transfer is done so the computer will rest. This problem is a software problem that ford has with the trip computers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58