MODS to 6.4

08-F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Aloha Everyone,
I have been thinking about doin somethings to my 08.
you know exhaust...chip...intake...my dealer told me that if I did chip it they would know cuz the computers in the truck would snitch on me when they service it. I was talking to a friend the other day & he said that you can do these things to our trucks & it can't change our warrenty
because of some federal ruling!:thumbs :thumbs Now this sounds just GREAT to me BUT I'm not so sure I can trust
this statement. Does anybody out there heard anything like that??:confused: :confused: I have found some hop up things on the net...so my mind was thinking about
MORE POWER. If anybody can help me to know the scoop about this I;ll be very greatful. Don

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You never want to leave the chip or pragram on when you take it to the dealership. If they have an update for the computer and reflash it, then you lost your program. I would call the guys that are coming out with the stuff for these new trucks and see if the dealership can actually see if their products have been on there.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
yes there is and act not sure but i think that it is called the moss - ferguson act?? It says that in short that you can do things to your car without penalty if the problem cannot be traced back to the added parts from what i remember.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think you should look further into the Moss-Ferguson Act. It refers to mods like changing the oil filter with an aftermarket filter.

Dave

jbarker@bankspower

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think what your reffering to is the magnason-moss act. It's a federal law that basicly says the dealer can refuse a warranty service repair but ONLY if the modifaction is the direct cause of the damage. One of the biggest things we're seeing with the newer trucks is the restrictions on the emmission systems. Removing, disableing or damaging them in any way can cause serious warranty problems (so leave your cats and DPF's on).

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what your reffering to is the magnason-moss act. It's a federal law that basicly says the dealer can refuse a warranty service repair but ONLY if the modifaction is the direct cause of the damage. One of the biggest things we're seeing with the newer trucks is the restrictions on the emmission systems. Removing, disableing or damaging them in any way can cause serious warranty problems (so leave your cats and DPF's on).

with all due respect id like HARD data where bankspower got
involved w/ an owner in a dispute w/ a dealer and or FOMOCO.

danno

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well imagine that! no reply from banks.
S&B told me the same thing on their intake until I asked another question and poof, out the door they ran!

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
If you are going to play, you got to pay. It's just safe to assume that if you are going to modify the truck in any way that you can throw the warrenty out with that new PDF.

I am going to wait a little while for a few gunnie pigs to figure out the limites of the new engine and then go from there.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to play, you got to pay. It's just safe to assume that if you are going to modify the truck in any way that you can throw the warrenty out with that new PDF.

i agree COMPLETELY...no one here would expect a manufacture
to warranty their dragster engine (if they had one)...

at the same time the aftermarket mfg's present this magnuson-moss act
crap as if theyre gonna come to someones rescue or that itll FORCE
the dealer to warranty the engine...the magnuson-moss act isnt worth
the paper its written on !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64