mpg question

tjmaxx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First of all let me tell you guys and gals im a noob to F-series trucks and especially diesels. I currently own a 2005 Silverado 1500. I happen to drive past the chevy dealer i bought my truck at everyday. Well I noticed a nice four door black 2008 F-250 lariet with the 6.4 for sale on the lot. I stopped to look and the truck is gorgeous! 32k miles asking price of $39k. Is that a good price?

The thing that has me wondering is mpg. I always thought diesels got better gas mileage? I get 16.5 mpg with my current truck. What can I expect out of this F-250 stock? Another question is what mods can be done to up the gas mileage? I have heard about the tuners, anything else that really helps? And if anyone can post there trucks stock mpg and how much the mods helped. Thank you.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well on my 08. I get 12.5 city and 16 hwy+/- gearing plays a good part in it too. So look at what gear is in the truck. I have 4.11 in mine. Tuner and a DPF delete will help. I'm still working on improving my MPG.

ducky1402

Reaction score
I would say no go on that truck took me 3 minutes to find better deal. Im in AZ but found white 2010 lariat with 24k miles for 39k so I think there are better deals. As for mpg's i usually get close to 20 on highway around town not much its too fun to drive :sly

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yea I agree. Do some more browsing. Mpg you would be about the same maybe. Maybe a little better than yer gm BUT its 5times the truck that GM is. You can haul more and it would be faster probably haha. Plus they look so damn good:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58