mpg readings w/dpf delete and programmer

myleskubi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
anyone have mpg readings with dpf delete and programmer. are they getting better mileage w/these mods?

DieselRacer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just posted a thread about a system i bought.

Im getting 4-5 MPG increase.

Its saving me big time.

Call the guys at DPF Racing.com

sadavis73

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
fuel mileage with dpf delete

Well i put the dpf delete on, went on a 2000 mile round trip with a 12foot enclosed trailer with 500 lbs in it......10.9 at 70 MPH, these trucks just hold too much turbo boost with a small load to ever get any mileage. I am a diesel repair shop owner and have worked on them all and there is just no way to make this get mileage with any kind of load with the boost these make at a steady cruise speed. If i back it down to 60-65 i can get about 13 but thats not fun. Truth is told, the dpf delete is great for power but i really cant tell much mpg difference.

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i put the dpf delete on, went on a 2000 mile round trip with a 12foot enclosed trailer with 500 lbs in it......10.9 at 70 MPH, these trucks just hold too much turbo boost with a small load to ever get any mileage. I am a diesel repair shop owner and have worked on them all and there is just no way to make this get mileage with any kind of load with the boost these make at a steady cruise speed. If i back it down to 60-65 i can get about 13 but thats not fun. Truth is told, the dpf delete is great for power but i really cant tell much mpg difference.

Which tune are you using? I heard a couple guys who ran a SCT dpf delete tune, then switched to a spartan DPF delete tune, and they said it was good for 2-3mpg better than the SCT.

sadavis73

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Which DPF delete did you use? and it is for a 6.4L right? Thanks Matt
It is the kit from Innovative Diesel which uses the sct. I have tried it on each setting. I keep hearing all this "i have heard from different people it will get 19 - 20 mpg " well i have 7000 miles on it with this kit and it will not get those kinds of numbers. Just trying to provide some real world truth and #s to this thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64