Muffler delete, How loud?

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to get my BTM installed and the guy at the muffler shop I went to tried to talk me into letting him just weld in a muffler delete pipe. I wouldn't mind my truck being a little louder, but I don't want it real loud. I was just wondering how loud it would be? Or should I just go somewhere else and stick with the BTM? Thanks,:cowboy:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I deleted mine(before 4"system)but left the cat since I had one.:dunno Mine wasn't too loud.

I want straight pipe on my 4" now.:D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Its definetly noisier in my cab without a muffler, no doubt about it. I am 5" from the DP back, no cat,no muffler and it exits infront of the rear wheel.

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure mine doesn't have a cat. I am taking it to the muffler shop tomorrow. I think I might try the muffler delete. I guess if I think it is too loud I can always get the BTM istalled later. Right.

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey rooster,
Did you go to high school in Amarillo? I had a friend that coached Basketball at PD for a couple of years. I was also born in Amarillo. I lived there until I got blown down to Abilene one day. HaHa. My Aunt is also a principal in Canyon. Just curious. Talk to you later. I have to get up with my baby in a few hours.

MUDDUCK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My cat is gutted and had the muffler removed at the Muffler Shoppe on S. Treadway. with 4in and a 5in tip exitting behind the rear tire its not that noticeable in the cab.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
i have a 3" downpipe and prolly less than 2 feet of pipe... it ends half way under the cab... and oh i love the sound talk about turbo whistle:thumbs :thumbs :sweet ... i had all intentions of finishing it someday but then i liked it too much, now tyw only way it's gettin finished is when i get my stack on.:D

Neal

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
2001Stroke said:
Hey rooster,
Did you go to high school in Amarillo? I had a friend that coached Basketball at PD for a couple of years. I was also born in Amarillo. I lived there until I got blown down to Abilene one day. HaHa. My Aunt is also a principal in Canyon. Just curious. Talk to you later. I have to get up with my baby in a few hours.

Small world! I graduated from Tascosa. Born and raised, migrated a couple places with empty promises from employers to return back here.

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Small world! I graduated from Tascosa. Born and raised, migrated a couple places with empty promises from employers to return back here.
I didn't think someone from PD would be on this site.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U could always try the straight pipe....
and like you say - put the muff in later when you tire of the drone..... :)

I know I did - but that's just me :)
I like to hear my passengers talking :)

to each his own - try it - u may like it !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track