photos My "New" Ride...SRW to DRW!

Happy J

Concrete Contractor
Reaction score
Ok I did it. Made my SRW into a DRW. I love it-wish I had done it sooner(of course)
Bought a used DRW axle, fenders, and wheels from a '99 that was being parted out. (Thanks to hotrodhauler.)
Axle fit perfect. Fenders needed some repair and painting. Installing them was not to hard either. For the front I bought steel bolt on spacers. Aluminum wheels needed some serious polishing. Still need the stock caps to cover the lug nuts.
And last of all! The 08 tail gate.:D(My brother is jealous!) I was going to buy all the parts from Ford but I found a take-off from a parts yard cheaper. All it needed was to be painted to match(from ford it would too) and the driver side hinge replaced to accommodate the spring asist. The hinge was easy to order due to Bama's article in the Wiki on the '08 tailgate. (Thanks Stephen.) Its amazing what a newer tailgate does to the looks of a truck!;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Wow Jared, what a difference. Looks good too :thumbs

So are we gonna call this the only AZ beige short bed crew cab dually in the world now?

Happy J

Concrete Contractor
Reaction score
Actually Stephen unlike Roy's they did come from the factory shortbed with a crewcab. But there aren't to many of them. Maybe someone else has a beige one??? So maybe the only one in the world (that we know of).:dunno

No Red, we are just starting a famliy of short bed duallys. Not a business...Oh...or did you want to bring yours over here? Sure we can make you a red dually!:D

Oh now Kevin too! Hmm... Maybe a new business:lmao

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Actually Stephen unlike Roy's they did come from the factory shortbed with a crewcab. But there aren't to many of them. Maybe someone else has a beige one??? So maybe the only one in the world (that we know of).:dunno

Yep, I knew that you could get one in a short bed, but only in black or white, that is why I said you probably had the only one in AZ beige :D

Happy J

Concrete Contractor
Reaction score
Ah Stephen you popped my bubble! I was trying to keep mine looking factory. I guess come to think of it the only ones I remember seeing were black or white. Oh well. I still love it!

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good I thought the duallys were geared different? guess not anyhow I looked at a guys short bed dually at a campground they definately stand out but anyhow he added one of those fancy 5th wheels that sense how far hes turning and slides the hitch back so his camper clears the cab then slides back forward for straight towing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track