Neat Tranny trick

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
A few days back someone mentioned leaving the gear slector in "D" when they leave teh neighborhood to reduce noise for the sleeping folks and aid in warm up

Well i knew the 92 and 02 would start in 2nd if selected but never knew the tqshift would do this

last couple days it been very cold when i get off work
so after she starts and i am ready to go. i have been selecting the "D" which holds her in 3rd gear
well
the weird 'BAM hold on" your at 35 is incredible:D :D
it starts out and flat rolls up to 35 like nobodies bus. It flat GOES puts your butt int eh seat and PULLS hard. of course i run out of rpm with the 430s she is spinning at almost 3k at 35 mph
but it is cool, I have a 10 mile run on post at 40 and i leave her in D till she warms up
and at the stop lights, I MASH the go pedal and she tip toes about ten feet then BAM i am at 35:D :D

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when mine's cold or in slow bumper to bumper traffic, I will drop it into 3 and it starts and stops a lot smoother and quieter without all the short shifts in first, etc....

use it a lot too !

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i am finding all kinds of reasons to hold it in 3rd. only bad thing is i top out rpm wise at about 42, she is a screaming

when shes cold its loud as heck ad folks pretty much get out of the way

RadialX

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I tried this at 5am the last couple mornings...........I think my neighbors love me again.......hehe.

Wifey even asked what I did to my truck, its so much quieter when you leave........

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a good neighbor.......

Welcome RadialX - where's BFE ?

The wife hasn't figured that third gear out yet...
she drives to work in the Ex and that first gear ratcheting is LOUD :)

but that's ok I'm already up and at the keyboard so....
don't bother me none :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14