Need a little help please?

Reaction score
I have a 06 f-350, 6L diesel, and I am getting a tow haul light flashing and the tranny doesn't always down shift right at stops, it tries to take off in wrong gear then jerks into low gear, and when I'm going from park to reverse or drive, it hesitates shifting into gear. when i had the codes pulled it came out with a P1832 and P1876 codes. Ford said that the codes came from one of 3 items, the fuse (27), the relays or the electric motor on transfer case. I have since cleared the codes after replacing fuse and relays, but still got tow haul light again. I can change the electric motor but should this be affecting the way my tranny shifts and goes into gear? If not, can anyone give me other ideas?
thanks in advance,
Rob

mastrkee

Jack leg mechanic
Reaction score
P1876 is "transfer case 2-wheel drive solenoid circuit failure"
P1832 is "transfer case differential lock-up solenoid circuit failure"
if the fuse and or the relay was blown/bad then a fellow should be wondering what caused them to go bad. did these codes activate the MIL? if not are you sure that they have not represented themselves?
is trans fluid level up to specs?
has the transmission filters ever been serviced?
how many miles on it?
do you have a way to scan for codes yourself?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The transmission, its fluid and filters have nothing to do with the transfer case and your codes. You have either a blown motor or relay. An ohm meter can tell which it is if you can figure out what pins/wires go to the motor and relay.

Dave :)

Reaction score
I have already replaced fuse(27) and relays for transfer case cause it was cheap fix. Took truck to ford dealer yesterday and they told me that trans is out. Direct clutches are coming apart. Any suggestions on what to look for or what not to do when I rebuild or go aftermarket ? If I rebuild what are the weak parts that should be upgraded? How about suggestions on what 's a good brand of code reader for the money? I have a OBD-II but it does not read tranny codes.
Masterkee, what is the MIL? and what does it do?
Truck goes in and out of 4wd just fine.
I've only owned this truck 2 weeks!

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mastrkee

Jack leg mechanic
Reaction score
How about suggestions on what 's a good brand of code reader for the money? I have a OBD-II but it does not read tranny codes.
Masterkee, what is the MIL? and what does it do?

Auto Enginuity scan tool w/ total Ford bundle is the best scan tool available to the general public. IMO

MIL= malfunction indicator light. also know as "check engine light"

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Auto Enginuity scan tool w/ total Ford bundle is the best scan tool available to the general public. IMO

MIL= malfunction indicator light.

Whatever code reader you get, make sure it can read "CAN Communications codes". That is what almost all modern trucks and cars use on top of OBD II.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track