Need a PCM for a 99 Superduty ASAP!

Max Power

Reaction score
Thank you very much Jody and Diane of DP-Tuner.com!! I got the new PCM today with an 80hp tune installed. It sure runs strong now! Smokes a bit more too which is always nice. My customer is very happy and we definately will be doing business again. Thank you for going out of your way for me to get us up and running as quickly as possible. I highly recommend DP-Tuner.

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Thank you very much Jody and Diane of DP-Tuner.com!! I got the new PCM today with an 80hp tune installed. It sure runs strong now! Smokes a bit more too which is always nice. My customer is very happy and we definately will be doing business again. Thank you for going out of your way for me to get us up and running as quickly as possible. I highly recommend DP-Tuner.

Thanks Tony, glad to hear your customer is happy. The extra smoke is because of the added performance(fuel). Should just be in the bottom end and then clean up. Let us know how we can help in the furure.

Diane

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
;) remind me Monday and I'll tell you.

Here's my own personal experience with a blown PCM

I used to sell Superchips... They sent someone my way one time to try and read his PCM because no matter what this other shop did to the chip they couldn't make it work in his truck, and they didn't have the equipment to read what code was on his PCM... So I pull it out go to read it and forget to make sure there was no power going to it as I plugged it in... (it was SC's reader and very poorly made)... well it makes this little "zzzzzzt" sound and a little smoke starts to come from it. Needles to say it was toast.

I wound up buying him a new one from Ford at the tune of almost $400... Then when it's all said and done the problem was his chip... something was bad in it. I wound up giving him one of my chips and sending his back to be replaced. He was rather nice about it... since they were from out of town he could have made me pay for his hotel room for the night and other expenses.. I offered but he refused. He was a nice old fella from Wyoming... I think thats what made the difference. :D

It majorly sucked though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58