Need exploded view of rear heater assembly

Capricious

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My rear heater is blowing cold air and will not change to hot with the temp control knob. Does anyone have an exploded view of the rear heating assembly and know how the temp is controlled? Is it vacuum assisted or electrically assisted? I would like to have an exploded view so I am not ripping all kinds of stuff apart to try and fix it. Thanks

Bobby

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What do you have???? Fill out your signature and let us help you. Press the User CP above and tell us.

Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Bobby have you switched the front control panel to "rear" and turned the rear fan switch to Hi and turned the temp to hot?

Does cool air still blow out the rear vents?

Right now it could be the fuse,Front/rear auxiliary temperature control switch.
Auxiliary blend door actuator or Auxiliary climate control module.

I can help you diagnose it without tearing into everything.

Capricious

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have done all those things and it is still blowing cold from the rear vents. I'll take a look at the fuses and see if any are toast. Is there fuses located anywhere else? Thanks

Bobby

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The front blend door is vacuum actuated,the rear blend door is electronically actuated. Check out fuse #24 (10 AMP) to see if it's okay.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
If you're able to get heat/cold out of the front registers then I'll bet that the rear blend door actuator motor is bad or the wiring is unplugged or bad somewhere along the line.

Capricious

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Found it. The fuse from position #5 was missing. I have no idea why. When I was checking fuses I decided to see if there were possibly any that were missing, and that was the case. Thanks CHP for leading me in the right direction.

Bobby

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Capricious said:
Found it. The fuse from position #5 was missing. I have no idea why. When I was checking fuses I decided to see if there were possibly any that were missing, and that was the case. Thanks CHP for leading me in the right direction.

Bobby
Interesting,#5 comes up as 10A Ignition Run Power Feed (Customer
Access) Must be a Excursion thing :D

Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14