Need Help With Engine Mods

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
stachiestach said:
Now for the exhaust: i have heard since i am going to be towing boats quite frequently that straight 4" custom exhaust might not be the best because i won't get enough back pressure.

Well turbos make their own backpressure. It depends on the housings and wheels. You add fuel, you add "drive pressure" aka backpressure. The more fuel you add the higher you get and the closer to out of the efficiency range off the turbo.

Once you've done these mods you'll have to change your turbo map with either a performance compressor wheel or ATS compressor housing. Banks uses a combo of .96 EXH housing vs. our .84 and a new compressor wheel.

The bigger exhaust will keep egts way manageable like Mike already said! It will help get the exhaust out of the turbo quicker, that's where all the backpressure is. I would say I lost a little bottomend but the gain in EGT control is worth it. Having a 6spd, I can keep her spun to where ever I want.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here, but must second DI site :sweet . I love there chip as well. I had been running TS programs and they were a little rough for me :eek: . Nice Site to the powers that be :thumbs .

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
New here, but must second DI site :sweet . I love there chip as well. I had been running TS programs and they were a little rough for me :eek: . Nice Site to the powers that be :thumbs .

Welcome to SDD CSIPSD! :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
Indeed Welcome to SDD CSIPSD! Great to have you aboard in our Community :sweet

If you need assistance navigating SuperDutyDiesel or using any of the features post on up as any of us will be happy to guide you :thumbs

Bill :cowboy:

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Hey I know that this thread was started a while ago and sorry for the delay, but I am not sure if you are aware that you may have under a year left on the 5 year/100k warranty($100 deductable) on the engine. You mentioned that the previous owner didn't do anything with the engine, did you mean didn't keep up on the maint? or didn't mod the engine at all. If you aren't worried about the warranty which in a year it wouldn't matter, but keep in mind some mods will void the warranty. Just thought I should point that out if the previous owner didn't take care of the engine. At 39K should be a big deal, but just before my warranty went out I had to replace a water pump and an injector. 100 bucks was worth laughing at ford doing the work on a 99,579 mile truck.

MykolG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I got my Magnaflow Stainless Steel 4" exhaust system off of eBay for $440. No tax and no shipping charges. [Suggested retail is $880] The seller is on the east coast [South Carolina or nearby] and they sell lots of these. It arrived two days later from a warehouse here on the west coast. It was very easy to install once we got the factory system off. I noticed an instant improvemet in power. The only other mod at the time was a K&N air filter. Since then I installed the Banks Six-Gun and the Banks TransController. WOW !!! What a difference. :thumbs People keep asking how is the mileage?? I don't know yet; I'm having too much fun with it. :sweet We did have a minor problem with the check engine light. I paid Ford $134 to run a check and was told it was the fuel pressure somthing and reset the light. It came on again a few days later only to reset itself. I had called Banks and was told this was one of the problems they and several other companies experienced. It will reset itself after a few times starting and stopping when there is no problem. I wish I would have known this BEFORE I went to Ford. Another problem we had and fixed outselves was the loss of transmission fluid due to the trans temp sensor not being fully tightened. Oh, I did buy the remote trans temp gauge from Banks and installed both it and the Six-Gun in the pod on the "A" Pillar. Looks good and runs good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14