Need help with Excursion door locks...

Xtremeworkz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for all the door lock actuators to go bad.. I can feel them try to move when I hit the locks but all 4 don't quit make it to lock or unlock.. I can get the actuators for $36 each, but is that the only thing needed usually?

Also the rear hatch will not lock..even with the key..normal? easy fix? need to replace the lock cylinder?

Last edited:

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother just fixed them on my parents Ex. there is a DIY fix for it that is basically free, and takes about 30 minutes a door ( same with back glass).

jblz51

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is normal for these trucks to have the door lock actuator go bad. I had to fix the rear passenger and back glass on the Ex and it took me longer to figure out what the problem with the back glass was than it did to actually fix it. Here is a link that shows the how-to on fixing your Ex. If you have any questions, please ask. It will take a while to get the first one done, but after that it will fly by!

On edit: the problem with the back glass was the actual lock mechanism was gummed up, so I sprayed a LOT of wd40 in it and worked it back and forth with the lock rod from the key lock. It finally loosened up and work great now!

Last edited:

Xtremeworkz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
going to try this next week... hope it works out...thanks guys

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Done this to every door on the X and now two are bad again. One stopped working only a few months after installing so guessing something may have come undone. The driver side was done the F250 and the passenger side has been out for a year plus.

With fat fingers not really excited about digging into them again. Not sure which site I got the write up from but it helped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58