Need help

Discussion in '94-97 PowerStroke Engine, Drivetrain & Chassis' started by JP667, Jun 25, 2007.

1. JP667

JP667 SDD Junior Member

Hi guys new to the site.

Trying to find out what fuel filter I have or need. I bought a 97 PSD that I bought a new fuel filter for. Its the one with a plastic top and the rubber gasket on the bottom. The old filter thats in the truck has the same rubber gasket on top and bottom and all the searching I have done for 94 to 98 powerstroke shows the one I bought. Do I have a different pump different year pump.

thanks for the help
    Mark

2. hheynow

hheynow Señor Aceite de Soja

HERE it a cross reference chart for all aftermarket fuel filters for our trucks. Does your new one look like the photo but with out the lid?

3. JP667

JP667 SDD Junior Member

Thanks for the link. That just confirmed that I have a different filter than a stock one or different year pump. The new filter I have is a 3517 napa filter. The filter in the truck doesnt clip into the cap like the 3517. The cap on the truck has a shaft in it to inlock in the pump with.

4. bbressler

bbressler Full Access Member

I bought a new cap for the clip-in filters at Napa, not sure of the part number, been a couple of years..