need input on which mods are worth it

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm looking at get parts together to try to make my truck last for a long time. It's main use if for pulling my racecar trailer, nothing real heavy, probably around 15k total. I don't need it to be fast or smoke anybody out just want to be able to tow around the east coast and north central parts of the country and not have to worry about getting stranded far from home. its an 07 crew cab, drw, 4x4, auto. right now it has the MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust without a cat, zoodad mod, dieselsite coolant filter kit, and dieselsite boost relief valve so it doesn't cut down on the injectors under high boost. has 30k on it, just changed trans fluid and inline filter. using T6 5w40 oil. as of now i have no problems, and will be out of warranty coming up shortly by time. any input would be great!

i'm looking at these mods:

1: Egr delete-who do you recommend
2: APR head studs, who makes the best head gaskets?
3: turbo upgrade??
4: air intake, i have the factory setup now.
5: sct tuner
6: npg+ coolant, thoughts on this stuff??
7: trans mods? torque convertor?
8: oil system/cooler mods, i have seen several conversions for external oil coolers, any input?
9: intercooler?, larger charger tubes?
10: Fuel system mods?? Larger injectors??
11: larger fuel tank, trans-flow 57gallon midship tank?? other options?

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm looking at get parts together to try to make my truck last for a long time. It's main use if for pulling my racecar trailer, nothing real heavy, probably around 15k total. I don't need it to be fast or smoke anybody out just want to be able to tow around the east coast and north central parts of the country and not have to worry about getting stranded far from home. its an 07 crew cab, drw, 4x4, auto. right now it has the MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust without a cat, zoodad mod, dieselsite coolant filter kit, and dieselsite boost relief valve so it doesn't cut down on the injectors under high boost. has 30k on it, just changed trans fluid and inline filter. using T6 5w40 oil. as of now i have no problems, and will be out of warranty coming up shortly by time. any input would be great!

i'm looking at these mods:

1: Egr delete-who do you recommend Bulletproof IMHO
2: APR head studs, who makes the best head gaskets? Stock ford are fine
3: turbo upgrade?? no
4: air intake, i have the factory setup now. keep stock
5: sct tuner with matts tunes
6: npg+ coolant, thoughts on this stuff?? ??
7: trans mods? torque convertor???
8: oil system/cooler mods, i have seen several conversions for external oil coolers, any input?I like bullet proof's version
9: intercooler?, larger charger tubes???
10: Fuel system mods?? Larger injectors?? no
11: larger fuel tank, trans-flow 57gallon midship tank?? other options? I use Titan brand midship

all in my opinion and some questions I have not come to my own conclusion like coolant

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1: Egr delete-who do you recommend--> Yes, try looking at the GOGO Diesel manifold.
2: APR head studs, who makes the best head gaskets?--> Studs could be installed when needed. Look at Victor Rienz gaskets (same as "Black Onyx but CHEAPER!!)
3: turbo upgrade??--> Garret PowerMax if you really want one. Cheapest 6.0 turbo out there.
4: air intake, i have the factory setup now.--> Stay stock!!!!
5: sct tuner--> Any decent tuner (Innovative, GearHead, GOGO Diesel)
6: npg+ coolant, thoughts on this stuff??--> Try the Fleetrite ELC for your next flush.
7: trans mods? torque convertor?--> You can swap in the '08 tranny pan and filter. Your current "filter" is really a screen. Look at Precision Industries for a torque convertor.
8: oil system/cooler mods, i have seen several conversions for external oil coolers, any input?--> Stay away from them unless you just want to spend the cash.
9: intercooler?, larger charger tubes?--> You can use a Spearco or Mitsho (sp?)
10: Fuel system mods?? Larger injectors??--> Run an AirDog with 6.4L banjo bolts and the OEM updated fuel pressure spring. Install a fuel pressure gauge. Go no larger than 175cc injectors and buy from Full Force Diesel. You will pay top dollar but they are QUALITY injectors.
11: larger fuel tank, trans-flow 57gallon midship tank?? other options?--> Titan is HUGE. I'd suggest a fuel tank sump from Truck Source Diesel to help feed the AirDog system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58