need some input....

atk

Reaction score
engine removal....lift cab, then pull engine or just pull engine? time is a factor here....

what is normal fuel pressure drop at WOT?(stock pump, injectors and programming)

thanks....

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything I hear is to lift the cab. I have seen people pull all of the front end
off and then work on the trucks. Sounds like you need some good luck on this one.
Doug

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yeah, same here..
I'm not sure the engine will clear the cowl of the truck if removed "conventionally"

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you pulling the engine for?

My WOT drops the fuel pressure by about 7-8 psig. I am basically stock (only have a tuned FICM).

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score

My WOT drops the fuel pressure by about 7-8 psig. I am basically stock (only have a tuned FICM).

I think I would ask more questions and describe your problem alittle more before pulling the engine.

atk

Reaction score

good customer at the shop has a 06 that lost oil pressure(oil pump went) basically trashed the motor....at first Ford denied warranty, but dealer is still trying. we should know this week if we get the job....i personally haven`t changed a engine(diesel) in a superduty, so the reason for this post. some pull the cab some don`t....

thanks for info on fuel pressure....

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Alex, my opinion is that if you want to do an in- chassis engine repair (head studs, etc) the best bet would be the body lift. If you are just pulling the whole engine, I'm not so sure. I've pulled them out the front and its not like its the worst thing I ever had to do... I'd say it depends on preference, and the type of equipment available to do the job. Have fun! :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64