need some pics?

atk

Reaction score
converted a 1974 Maverick to a SB Ford. it was a 6 cyl before. Need to see where and how the power steering lines are routed. if anybody has any pics, it would be greatly appreciated....thanks

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't help you with the routing but maybe a suggestion. I did a 408 in my 87 mustang notch and wanted to lighten it up as much as I could so I used a Flaming River close ratio manual rack in it (or the Summit equivalent for a better price) Lightened up the car, one less belt to rob horsepower and I feel the steering is much more responsive.

atk

Reaction score
have to keep it stock looking....just thought a fellow member or knew someone that had one of these cars with a V8 in it....i think i got it figured out, or atleast something that should work....thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I had a couple of those in my mis-spent youth..
the lines tied down to the left side of the subframe below the engine mounts.

the valve was on the left end of the center link and bolted on to the end of the pitman arm.

real mickey-mouse set up.

GM used it on the late 60's Vette's too

atk

Reaction score
I had a couple of those in my mis-spent youth..
the lines tied down to the left side of the subframe below the engine mounts.

the valve was on the left end of the center link and bolted on to the end of the pitman arm.

real mickey-mouse set up.

GM used it on the late 60's Vette's too

thanks JL....that is pretty much where i figured. just have to make sure they don`t hit the headers, when the steering cycles....if it was my car, probaly do away with power assist set-up.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
if you use '68 Fairlane exhaust manifolds, you won't need headers and have a little more room..

you can also use the Fairlane dual exhaust set-up..

atk

Reaction score
if you use '68 Fairlane exhaust manifolds, you won't need headers and have a little more room..

you can also use the Fairlane dual exhaust set-up..

THANKS....too late for that(owner wanted headers), just finished exhaust last week....full stainless from the headers back....:sweet

like i said, not my car. a good customer/friend for the garage i work for, car....it wouldn`t be my first choice for a build up, but he liked the car. it should go pretty good with a 400HP SB....;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64