Marty helms

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum and hoping that you can help me out with something that will probably be much more simple that I am making it out to be.
2013 F450 SuperDuty. I added a camper shell and wanting the brake light wired.
Single rear bulbs so any way that I wire if from the back, the 3rd brake light is going to blink with one or the other turn signals. I am super picky and I think that is really tacky.
Is there a brake only wire anywhere on the rear of the truck that I can tie into without running a wire all the way to the brake switch?
Thanks in advance for any help or ideas

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can use the wiring on the tow plug (4 wire or 7 wire) to get to the brake lights but these have blinkers tied into them. The third brake light in NOT in the tow wiring, as I recall.

Marty helms

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can use the wiring on the tow plug (4 wire or 7 wire) to get to the brake lights but these have blinkers tied into them. The third brake light in NOT in the tow wiring, as I recall.

Yeah, I even have the second 7 way in the bed for the gooseneck. If I wire it to that, I will have the 3rd brake light blink with one or the other turn signals. There's got to be an easier way to do this than tying into the brake light switch.

Marty helms

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What solution did you end up with?
Well, I went ahead and run a wire all the way up. I used the pass thru wires and tied into the brake switch. I used a battery tendwe connector in the back. I feel betree about having it right.

Ziefer92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and run a wire all the way up. I used the pass thru wires and tied into the brake switch. I used a battery tendwe connector in the back. I feel betree about having it right.

Good to hear you did it pretty easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64