New and looking for info

robertoh

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I. I am a newsomer to the site. Lots of good information. I have a 1994 F250 extended cab 7.3 IDI. I am wanting to do some engine work and wondered if anyone could tell me what the compression reading should be. Any help is appreciated.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome to SDD there Robert! Great to have you in the community:thumbs

The compression readings on the 94's I won't know but I'm sure a few of our 94-97 savvy owners will chime in:sweet

Bill

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Robertoh,

I am not much of an IDI guy either, but generally speaking anything over 400 psi I would consider quite healthy. If you want more info drop me a PM and I can try to get you set in the right direction.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Is this what you are looking for...........

Link

Compression test
To perform a compression test on this engine, you need to have a diesel compression gauge and a glow plug adapter. Remove all the glow plugs to check any cylinder. Crank the engine at least five revolutions and the same number of revolutions for each cylinder. It would probably be a good idea to have a battery charger hooked up during the test. Ford lists no compression specs for these engine, only stating the lowest cylinder should be no more than 25% lower than the highest cylinder, with a low to high comparison chart showing a range of 195 to 440 PSI. In reality the compression should be at least 350 psi.

Tbar

robertoh

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
wow!!!what quick responses!!! Got what I was after---want to do some tiddiling on my stock rig,but I want to do a check on the engine before I do spend a whole lot of bucks on anything. Thanx to all who replied---robertoh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58