New Batteries, Now no start????

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, new one, replaced both batteries last night. All day, no go-go power, push accel., would barely get out of its own way. Disconnected cables again, checked them, re connected, now, it won't start at all, turns over and over, but no fire.

Any ideas what I did????

Thanks,

Barrett

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Had a friend come and read it, (no engine light either), Looking like its completely unrelated from the batteries.

Got DTC P2290, Injector Fuel Pressure Too Low...

Cranks, but no fire. Just had it towed to the dealer, looking like the HPOP gave up.

OH, what a March I'm having....... Guess when it rains, it pours as Rachel's engine light came on today as well.....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Had a friend come and read it, (no engine light either), Looking like its completely unrelated from the batteries.

Got DTC P2290, Injector Fuel Pressure Too Low...

Cranks, but no fire. Just had it towed to the dealer, [looking like the HPOP gave up.]

OH, what a March I'm having....... Guess when it rains, it pours as Rachel's engine light came on today as well.....

My 7.3 started doing the same thing now and then recently. It'd always start after 2-3 trys though.

Changing out the Hpop (went with an Adrenaline) & IPR.. Fixed it. Starts faster, runs much stronger too.

Joe

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the grand prize winner is:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

The HPOP! :woot

Oh, I'm so Happy! (Don't ask what the quote was. :dizzy )

B

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on your truck, Barrett? I am thinking I am getting close to new HPOP time.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe... how much was that Adrenaline?

Adrenilin w/new IPR $928.50, plus a $250.00 core.

I shopped around and with-in a couple'a bucks.. I couldn't beat it.

The BIGGEST thing is.. FINDING one readily available !! From what I experienced.. DIESELSITE (Bob) is building these things as fast as he can.. but it's a 2/3 week wait.

I lucked out and scored one. :sweet

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the original question...maybe I shouldn't have put new batteries in last fall. Now I'll be needing some adrenaline too! Seriously, glad you found the problem.

About 4 or so years ago when Bob at Dieselsite was just about to release the Adrenaline (he was doing "beta" IIRC) I needed an HPOP and he was hoping to ramp up fast. I guess they must be real popular, given Joe's recent experience.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on your truck, Barrett? I am thinking I am getting close to new HPOP time.

Dave :)

Dave,

I'm pushing around 165,000 if I remember correctly.

Hopefully I'll hear somthing today, have not seen her since Friday, kinda miss her... :(

B

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58