new clutch

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
well as some of you may remember I had to put a new clutch in my ford with the cummins in it. I did everything the instructions said it came with a new flywheel and pressure plate disc bearings and everything. I did the 300 mile break in period with lots of city driving and on and off the clutch driving. this clutch is rated at 400 hp and 900 ft lbs of torque. I had a stock clutch in there from napa that never slipped once in 25 thousand miles. this new one slips everytime I roll into the throttle in 4th and 5th and now starting to doit in 3rd. it slips for a couple seconds and then grabs but as soon as I shift it slips again. anybody have any suggestions. the manufacturer I bought it from wants me to take it out and email him some pictures of it. what can he tell from pictures? help please? thanks, Lee Ps I don't think he is going to stand behind this clutch. I finally had to get ****ty with his secratary after 3 days of him not returning my calls after he said he would call me back monday and I finally got his attention friday morning. I won't mention the name of the company yet, we'll see what he does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58