New DPF reprogram by Ford

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had their 6.4 reprogramed by Ford for the DPF regen display? I received a recall for that and a transmission update I was wonder if it works OK or if there are problems with it. Sometimes it pays to have paitence and wait until they get the bugs out. Thanks for your input!

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the same question as Jeffro. Except I already have the Spartan delete
program and no DPF chamber. Is it worth going to Ford and having my truck documented as not running a DPF chamber.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
What is the deal with the tranny update? What is that all about?

Could have something to do with sloppy shifts, or the delayed shift into 5th that some are having troubles with. Mine will sometimes stay in 4th to 50-52 mph. :doh: And on a slow down-hill you hit the throttle and it will slam into gear. :rant The recall for the dpf [or mechanical sphincter] is to prevent the vehicle from going into re-gen at idle and perhaps melting a driveway light :eek: which can happen if you let it run thru a cycle while its parked. I can only imagine that if the vehicle isn't allowed to go into active regeneration the dpf will clog because it only does that if not being driven hard enough to activate a passive regeneration.

Fine69

Reaction score
I have the same question as Jeffro. Except I already have the Spartan delete
program and no DPF chamber. Is it worth going to Ford and having my truck documented as not running a DPF chamber.

Only if you don't like having a warranty. NEVER go into the dealership without a DPF, and always take the Spartan tune out and return the programming to stock. If I were you, I wouldn't even mention any of your mods to the dealer. Ford is bleeding cash right now, they would love to have one less warranty to worry about paying for.

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They say 100K

I am not sure how long it will last. That depends on how you drive. Excessive idling will probably shorten it's life. I have only had mine for 10K and am not sure of how many times it has went through the regen cycle. That is what the reprogram is about. Ford say's 100K or more.

Last edited:

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dropped mine off yesterday after it shutdown on me up in big bear C.A. at idle in regen mode then magically started up 1 hour later , maybe the (PCM) reprogram will give me better mpg haha i doubt it

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a try!

I scheduled mine for 1-30-09 to be reprogramed. I will let you all know the outcome. Jeffro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr