Question New Exhaust

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year Everyone. My 06 Harley has been stock too long a few weeks ago I put in a AFE 2 stage intake it's great now its time to think about a new exhaust. I need to keep the CAT to keep the state happy and to stay on the road here in Ohio. I've been told to get a SS over Alum-tize for longer life with road salt ect. I've looked at E bay and and a whole lot of on-line stores. I have all kinds of data about different systems and a lot of prices . Here's where I need some help I want a good system that will give me better towing and added power & mpg but I don't want to much cab noise at least not to loud a drone on the highway. I do like a louder outside sound though. Money is also tight I'm retired so I have to keep this reasonable money wise. Any opinions, comments, recommendations , places to buy would all be appreciated...

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP is pretty good. For a cat back SS one i have seen them as cheap as 500 for a 6.0. Don't know whether you dual or single that would make a difference in price and sound (dual is louder). I have heard Magnaflow is good as well. i have never used them. If you have to keep the CAT on it will quiet down so it wont be too obnoxious. I am assuming you will be running a muffler as well. If you will be it wont be too bad. When i had my 6.0 i ran both cat and muffler and it wasn't bad. It had a deep throaty rumble when you got on it but interior noise wasn't bad. You could easily carry on a conversation. Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you get anything.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
MBRP is my first pick, but as far as bang for your buck, Diamond eye is a good system to look at. Decent prices and I'm happy with mine. I'd say almost or as good a quality as MBRP. Try amjperformance.com or beansdieselperformance.com Just cjeck out some of the sites sponsors.

Fine69

Reaction score
MBRP all the way!! I have a 409 Stainless system. Wish I would've bought the 304 system instead. The 409 isn't rusting, but it is tarnished. The 304 systems stay nice and shiny. I bought mine from Diesel Performance Parts, they have great prices.

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for MBRP...that is going to be a fairly consistant answer just about anywhere you look though. Although I don't have the same thing you are wanting, I've got the turbo back offroad system on mine, the MBRP kit is pretty slick. It fit well and I am very happy with it.

In fact, the only complaints I have are that they use the standard u-bolt style muffler clamps rather than band clamps and I had to buy my tip seperate...other than that, and those are minor, the system is great.

DEFINITLY go with stainless...and there are two grades of SS too. The cheaper grade will surface rust some, but the tip will hide most of what you will see anyway. I didn't feel it was worth the extra for the higher grade, but that's just my .02...

As for sound, the muffler that is included is really very mild. It does talk some when I'm on the throttle, but it's really not much louder than stock when cruising. In fact, I wish mine was just a little louder. Stay with the single dump on the passenger side...that does make a difference too.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno If the system you choose gives you the option of with, or without their muffler ? You may want to check out a MagnaFlow muffler.

I have one, and like it a lot.. Nice healthy throaty sound, but No in cab Drone.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like having a muffler on mine also. You can't beat it on steep mountain grades with a load. 85 buggy activate your pm's please.;tu

vailcomp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2005 crew SB. I have the Magnflow S/S w/ cat & AFE Stage 2- if you are looking for mileage- I have not noticed any change after the exhaust- sounds/look good and the truck runs great.

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I'm looking at the Diamond exhaust its Made in Oregon but I don't have enough $ yet I have 1 positive comment on this exhaust I'm still listening for more

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim