New F350 6.7 SWB SRW

3thumbs

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just picked up our new Lariat. Pulled an enclosed trailer with the first load of our stuff to Mesa Arizona from Colorado. Only got about 9.5 MPG........I hope that will get better. My friend says all those horses need to be fed. Great truck though, and if it had about 75 gallons of fuel capacity instead of 26 it would help a lot.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you are expecting better mileage, wait until it is broken in at around 15,000 miles. It will get better.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll keep going up. I noticed an increase until a little after 15k. Although it seemed to still be doing better and I just turned 20k.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are expecting better mileage, wait until it is broken in at around 15,000 miles. It will get better.

It'll keep going up. I noticed an increase until a little after 15k. Although it seemed to still be doing better and I just turned 20k.

What They said.

I kinda wunder if these 6.7's (and other PCM controlled engines), arnt "programed" when new.. to run a little rich to break in things like the DPF's and Cat's.. 15 & 20K seems to be "Magic" numbers for MPG gains ?

Joe

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What They said.

I kinda wunder if these 6.7's (and other PCM controlled engines), arnt "programed" when new.. to run a little rich to break in things like the DPF's and Cat's.. 15 & 20K seems to be "Magic" numbers for MPG gains ?

Joe
That is possible. I know the GT500's are programmed to limit power for the first few hundred miles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58